Computer classes for beginners
In Level 1 you will learn to:
- Use the keyboard and the mouse
- Create documents
- Organize documents in folders
- Find information online
- Translate between English and your language
- Use maps and Navigo to plan a trip
- Send and receive emails
- Apply internet safety
- Set up a computer and connect it to internet
In Level 2 you will learn to:
- Edit and organize documents
- Store information on the internet
- Send attachments and links through email
- Apply nettiquete (internet’s courtesy rules)
- Apply for jobs and services online
- Complete online forms
- Practice videoconferencing (Zoom, Google Meets)
- Do online shopping and banking
- Protect yourself from Scams
Additional Course Information
- We offer morning and afternoon in-person classes as well as evening classes online.
- It’s a 24-hours part-time program, days vary (2 days a week, 3 hours class, 4 weeks/program),
(3 days a week, 2 hours class, 4 weeks/program), (2 days a week, 2 hours class, 6 weeks/program).
- Take home a Free/Low cost desktop computer when you complete 1 level!
- Childminding and interpreters provided
- For clients with limited English (CLB 1-4) and no computer experience
- Please bring personal identification and immigration document to: ALTERED MINDS INC (Entry Program)
- Please contact us for more information about the exact timing of the computer classes as our schedule might be different every month.
2nd Floor – 406 Edmonton Street
Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada